New 42'16'' video on the mental proliferations students make about their teachers. Four types are discussed: in relation to the teacher's teachers, to buddhahood, to equanimity and to compassion.
Related posts are:
• Direct transmission (gplus.wallez.name/YA1HbEx27F7)
• Finding a 'good' teacher… (gplus.wallez.name/B1aMWtGRUb9)
• The teaching stone (gplus.wallez.name/K6NZcWtzScK)
• The basic teachings of Zen (gplus.wallez.name/ChoZwm9mWhB)
• If someone tells you there is only one path to nirvāṇa (whatever the proposed path might be), reject the idea! (gplus.wallez.name/AMTiDhCZeAa)
The cases quoted in the video are number 25, 148, 43, 8, 27, 19 and 31 of Eihei Dōgen's Shinji Shōbōgenzō (amazon.com/gp/product/1590304659/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1590304659&linkCode=as2&tag=koanmu03-20&linkId=JFT7UIAZPWS54E44).